Individuals who set off firecrackers during the New Year celebrations will face a fine of €100, and that implies an automatic criminal record, justice minister Ferd Grapperhaus said on Friday.
The public authority has chosen to boycott all firecrackers however kids’ sparklers during the current year’s New Year festivities, to decrease tension on the crisis.
‘New Year is consistently an extremely active time for the gatherings,’ Grapperhaus said. ‘Furthermore, Covid will make it considerably more so.
That is the reason the public authority has consented to a firecracker boycott this year.’ Last year, about 1,300 individuals were treated by family specialists and in an emergency clinic for firecracker related wounds during the finish of year festivities.
Civic chairmen, local safety board chiefs and the police had all requested that the public authority force the boycott, and the minister concurred at Friday’s Bureau meeting to confirm.
Pastors have put aside €40m in pay for the firecracker retail area, Grapperhaus said. Most dealers have just purchased their stocks during the current year and ministers have concurred that they may store them at various secure areas for the following year’s festivals. Grapperhaus said that he comprehended the choice to boycott firecrackers would be baffling to many.
The minister will before long report what structure adequate Christmas, New Year festivities may take given the Covid limitations, he said. A year ago, the Dutch paid some €60m on firecrackers for the finish of year craze.